Wednesday, January 9, 2013


Today was a much quieter day at daddy's.  Aunt Phyllis reported that he didn't fuss about his new bed anymore at all last night.  A definitely answer to prayer!  It took him a while to settle, but after a sleeping pill he did fairly well the rest of the night.  Of course she stayed right by him all night.  Hopefully she will feel ok to move to her bed tonight.  This afternoon while I was over there, he was sound asleep in his chair.  He often dreams and works his hands at something while napping.  Aunt Phyllis and I both had to laugh a little bit today when we saw him sleeping with his hand held up in the air.  He held it there for quite awhile and then lowered it with out ever waking :)


Elaine Beaumont said...

Beth, you are making memories flood my mind and those memories are so precious! Jeff and I cared for both my parents in our home, Daddy for five years and Mama for seven years, she lived two more years after Daddy passed away, that was 2002 and 2004, but seems just like yesterday that they moved to their eternal home. I wished I had taken more pictures of our journey together during those years, They were some of the most wonderful years of my life. I so admire you that you are doing this. I am praying for you and your family as you walk down this road together.

Beth Simmons said...

Thank you, Elaine. I have been wanting to take more photos of daddy for quite a while. Since I have quit working for now, I hope to be able to document a lot more. I know I will always treasure these images. I hope to take as good care of my dad and "aunt mom" as my folks took care of my grandparents. All four of my grandparents lived with us during the last part of their lives. My parents set a wonderful example of honoring our parents.

Unknown said...

Im so glad Daddy has seemed to forget about the new bed arrangement. I hope everything goes smoothly tonight and Aunt Phyllis will get to sleep in her bed tonight. I love you and thank you for setting your life aside to look after our folks.